Spaghetti in Spinach Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22361 times
From the kitchens of italy, we bring you this plateful of healthy iron treat! spinach is the main ingredient of this recipe which is not only iron rich but also an excellent source of vitamin a. Use of whole wheat spaghetti adds fibre to this recipe. This iron rich recipe is surely worth a try!!
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and refresh in cold water and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, spring onions whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for few minutes.
- Add the red capsicum, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared spinach purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spaghetti, oregano and chilli flakes, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- If you wish to serve it later, re-heat the sauce, adding a little milk or water if required and then toss the spaghetti in the sauce. Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.