Spaghetti in Spinach Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 58 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29090 times
Yes, pasta can be made healthy too! Here cheesy sauce has been replaced with antioxidant rich spinach. Spaghetti used is also whole wheat, so there is room for a little more fibre.
Red capsicum not only adds, vitamin A and vitamin C, but vibrant red colour also.
The 2 tbsp of cheese added to the recipe can also be avoided. It will yet be equally delicious. Don’t forget to add the oregano and chilli flakes, to experience the true Italian flavour.
This recipe is surely worth a try, especially for kids who otherwise easily turn their heads towards junk foods!
Enjoy how to make Spaghetti in Spinach Sauce recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and refresh in cold water and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, spring onions whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for few minutes.
- Add the red capsicum, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared spinach purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese, milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spaghetti, oregano and chilli flakes, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- If you wish to serve it later, re-heat the sauce, adding a little milk or water if required and then toss the spaghetti in the sauce. Serve hot.
Spaghetti in Spinach Sauce Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 216 calories.|
|Protein|| 8.8 gm.|
|Carbohydrate|| 29.3 gm.|
|Fat|| 6.2 gm.|
|Vitamin A|| 3959.2 mcg|
|Iron|| 2.3 mg.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.