Sevaiyan Upma in A Microwave
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35436 times
Think upma and the first two options that come to your mind are rava and sevaiyan. Indeed, these have traditionally been amongst the most popular upmas all over the country, made frequently in almost every household for breakfast or as supper.
Here is a quick and easy version of Sevaiyan Upma made in a Microwave. It takes just minutes to make but has the same fabulous consistency and the same homely flavour, obtained by cooking the vermicelli with a traditional tempering and onions.
It is important to add a lot of coriander to this upma in order to get a vibrant taste. Enjoy this Sevaiyan Upma in a Microwave immediately after preparation.
You can also try other microwave recipes like Microwave Popcorn Made in A Bowl , and Palak Methi na Muthia .
- Combine 2 tsp of oil and vermicelli in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, while stirring once in between. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in a microwave safe bowl, add the mustard seeds, urad dal and asafoetida, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry leaves, green chillies, mix well and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add 1¼ cups of water, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted vermicelli , coriander and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||298.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.