Palak Methi Na Muthia ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 459 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40335 times
This delicious tea-time snack from Gujarat is named so because it is shaped into cylinders using the muthi (fist). Here we have made Palak Methi na Muthia using the microwave, so it cooks much faster and easier. Each batch takes just a few minutes to prepare. Temper and serve the muthias immediately to enjoy the best aroma and texture. One thing you need to take care of, is to squeeze all the water out of the methi and spinach before adding it. If you don’t do this, the muthia will not get cooked properly and have a raw taste.
- Combine the spinach and fenugreek leaves with 1 teaspoon of salt in a deep bowl and keep aside for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the liquid and place the spinach and fenugreek leaves in another deep bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and knead into a very soft dough without using any water.
- Apply a little oil on your hands and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll approximately 150 mm. (6") length and 25 mm. (1") in diameter.
- Place 2 rolls in a greased shallow glass dish. Cover wit a lid and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Allow to stand for 1 minute.
- Remove and keep aside. Repeat step 5 to steam 2 more rolls.
- Cool completely, cut into slices and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small microwave safe bowl, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and microiwave on high for 1 minute.
- Pour the tempering over the muthias and serve imemdiately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3150.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||29.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||69.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.