Roasted Bell Pepper and Feta Cheese Panini
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5399 times
Bell peppers, when brushed with oil and roasted with the peel on, imbibe an amazing aroma and flavour, which add value to any dish that it is used in!
Here, we have employed the magic of roasted bell pepper to add josh to a lovely, cheesy Panini.
Panini is a type of Italian grilled sandwich made with breads other than sliced bread, like baguette, ciabatta or michetta. While these are the ideal choices of bread, you can use hot dog rolls if you cannot buy any of these.
In this recipe, the bread transforms into an exotic snack that is loaded with a tongue-tickling stuffing of roasted bell peppers, garlic and herbs.
The generous use of cheese and butter adds to the richness of the Roasted Bell Pepper and Feta Cheese Panini, making it a treat that makes you feel very good.
You can also try other Panini recipes like Cream Cheese Veg Panini and Eggplant and Mozzarella Panini .
- Pierce the red capsicum with a fork, brush ¼ tsp of oil evenly over it and roast it over an open flame till it turns black from all the sides.
- Cool, wash it in cold water.
- Remove the skin, stem and seeds and discard them. Cut the capsicum into thin slices. Keep aside.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 with the yellow and green capsicum as well.
- Combine the red, yellow and green capsicum slices in a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Slit a hot dog roll horizontally using a sharp knife and apply 1 tsp butter on each halve of the bread roll.
- Spread a portion of the prepared stuffing on the lower halve of the bread roll and sprinkle 1 tbsp of feta cheese evenly over it.
- Close the bread roll and apply ½ tsp butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 minutes till they turn crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 3 more paninis.
- Cut each panini diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per panini
|Vitamin A||675.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||89.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.