Ricotta and Spinach Crostini
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4128 times
Dainty little slices of crisp bread, topped with appetizing ingredients like cheese, veggies, herbs and sauces, crostinis are undoubtedly one of the most popular starters from the Italian repertoire.
A platter of Crostini enjoyed with a bowl of hot soup is nothing short of a heavenly experience.
In this particular variant, the crostini is coated with a luscious and tasty spread of ricotta cheese and garlic, and topped with a scrumptious combo of spinach and sesame seeds.
Another unique aspect of this Ricotta and Spinach Crostini is that the bread is brushed with coconut oil instead of olive oil, a special touch that will make you go ‘wow’!
- Place the french bread slices on a greased baking tray and apply a little coconut oil on each bread slice.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 200°c(400°f) for 15 minutes, or till they turn light brown. Cool completely.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add the sesame seeds and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Place the toasted bread slices on a clean, dry surface and put a little of the ricotta cheese spread evenly over them.
- Put little of the spinach mixture evenly over each ricotta cheese spread layer and finally drizzle a little honey over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per crostini
|Vitamin A||488.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.