Raspberry Oatmeal Nut Bars
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1750 times
Guaranteed to please young and old alike, the Raspberry Oatmeal Nut Bars have an energizing combination of ingredients that gives it a wonderful texture and fabulous taste.
It is sweet, buttery, tangy and nutty, all in one package. With almonds and walnuts peeping out of a raspberry tinged base, the Raspberry Oatmeal Nut Bars also have an enticing appearance that attracts all.
Brown sugar gives this bar a nice, rustic taste while oats makes it sumptuous. Flax seeds add to the goodness while flour holds it all together!
The nut bars are very crumbly, so be gently while handling it. But worry not, it is the crumbliness that makes it so awesome!
Bars are handy and quick snacks, which you can enjoy at home and carry to work, so you might also like to try out other bars like Date Oats and Mixed Berries Granola Bars and Chocolate Popcorn Marshmallow Bars .
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a deep bowl and mix very well using a spatula.
- Add the plain flour, oats, almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, baking soda and salt, mix very well with help of your hand to make a crumbly mixture. Keep aside.
- Line a 250 mm. × 150 mm. (10” x 6”) aluminum tin with aluminum foil and cover it from all sides.
- Put 2½ cups of the plain flour-nut mixture in the lined aluminium tray and spread it evenly while pressing it tightly with your hands.
- Spread the raspberry jam evenly over it.
- Put all the remaining plain flour-nut mixture and spread it evenly while pressing it tightly with your hands. .
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut into 15 equal squares using a sharp knife.
- Serve or store it in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per square
|Vitamin A||275.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.