by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 591 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64863 times
A delectable pickle of Bhavnagari chillies stuffed with a tongue-tickling mixture of mustard and fennel seeds, spiked up with a dash of lemon.
The flavour of mustard is dominant in this pickle, true to the name of Raiwala Marcha. You need to let the pickle stand for at least one hour before serving, to allow the flavours to soak into the chillies.
If you store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it will last for a week.
Try other pickle recipes like Methia Keri and Sweet Lemon Pickle .
- Wash and dry the bhavnagari chillies thoroughly.
- Remove the tops and slit each chilli lengthwise. Tap to remove any excess seeds. Keep aside.
- Combine the split mustard seeds, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida, fennel seeds, 1 tsp of oil and ½ tbsp of lemon juice in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Fill little of the prepared mixture into each slit bhavnagari chilli and place them on a big plate.
- Sprinkle the remaining mixture evenly over them along with the remaining 3 tsp of oil and ½ tbsp of lemon juice and toss gently.
- Fill them in a glass jar and keep it aside for atleast 1 hour.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.