Pineapple Ice- Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19970 times
Who can resist the charm of this tropical fruit? Indeed, all things pineapple are so much fun, and this Pineapple Ice-Cream is no exception. The luscious mouth-feel of a creamy ice-cream combined with the zesty flavour of pineapple makes this ice-cream a blockbuster hit.
We have used canned pineapple to make this ice-cream, because we can be assured of a good flavour. Fresh pineapple can sometimes be sour or tart, which might ruin the flavour of the ice-cream.
- Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the remaining 2 cups of milk and sugar in a deep non-stick, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, add the fresh cream and pineapple essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container, add the pineapple and mix well. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.