Pear in Lemon Jelly
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11481 times
Who can resist dipping their spoon into a plate of wobbly jelly, especially if it is resplendent with a lemony scent and colour?! Here, we have further added to the appeal of lemon jelly by adding pears, stewed in sugar.
Biting into succulent bits of pear in the midst of tangy lemon jelly is a very joyous experience for your palate! Preparing the Pear in Lemon Jelly in a ring-shaped mould improves its visual appeal too.
If you want to try something a little more elaborate, you can go for something like the Fruit and Jelly Sundae or the Peach and Ginger Jelly Salad .
- Combine the pear, sugar and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a sauce pan, add the jelly, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till it is completely dissolved, while stirring continuously.
- Cool slightly, add the pear mixture and mix well.
- Pour this mixture in the aluminium ring mould, and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Loosen the edges, with the help of a knife, demould it on a serving plate, cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.