Peach and Ginger Jelly Salad
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12669 times
Ginger is a very versatile ingredient. Its flavour works well with not just spices and veggies but also with fruits. Here is a unique salad – you can actually serve it as a salad , a dessert or a snack – in which ginger is one of the star ingredients.
Lemon jelly crystals and canned peach cubes are flavoured with lemon and ginger juices, to make a zesty salad. Shredded lettuce and walnuts are added to the Peach and Ginger Jelly Salad to widen the range of textures and flavours, and make it all the more exciting to the palate!
- Boil 1½ cups of water in a sauce pan, add the lemon jelly crystals, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till it is completely dissolved, while stirring continuously.
- Cool slightly, add the peach, sugar, ginger juice, lemon juice, walnuts and salt and mix well.
- Divide the jelly mixture into 6 equal portions and pour each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) aluminium moulds. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once it is completely cooled, refrigerate for 1 hour or till the jelly sets.
- Loosen the sides of the jelly with a sharp knife and demould it.
- Just before serving, spread the lettuce on a serving plate and place the jellies over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||132.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.