Paneer Samosa, Paneer Veg Samosa Snack Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 146 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 118636 times
Samosa, the most famous street snack, gets a make over! we have used paneer and capsicum instead of the usual potato mixture. Health buffs, go for low-fat paneer and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 to 20 minutes, or till done.
If you are one who loves samosa then you must also try other variants like Spicy Rice Samosa , Pyaz Ke Samose , Hariyali Samosa and Chinese Samosa .
- Heat the oil in a broad pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, dry mango powder, chilli powder, paneer, salt and coriander, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Cool completely and divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a samosa patti on a clean, dry surface and put a portion of the stuffing in one corner of the samosa patti and fold into a triangle. Apply a little water at the edges and seal it.
- Repeat with the remaining pattis and stuffing to make 7 more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the samosas in batches till they turn golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with phudina chutney.
Nutrient values per samosa
|Vitamin A||173.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.