Hariyali Samosa, Vatana Samosa, Green Peas Samosa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 893 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37985 times
Samosa without potatoes? What! That frown on your face is sure to change into a wide and contented smile once you taste this Hariyali Samosa.
Featuring a well-spiced stuffing of crushed green peas and French beans, this samosa is made all the more wholesome and filling with the addition of poha to the filling mixture. You will be amazed by the texture and flavour of this ‘samosa with a twist’!
If you are looking for recipes of samosas with different fillings do check these out - Poha and Sprouted Vatana Samosa , Patra Na Samosa , Spicy Rice Samosa , Mini Onion Samosa , Paneer Samosa and Punjabi Samosa .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the carom seeds, green peas, french beans and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, beaten rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the filling into 7 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a samosa patti on a clean, dry surface and fold the right bottom corner of the samosa patti on the opposite side to form a triangle.
- Fold the entire triangle towards its left and again fold the entire triangle diagonally on the opposite side as shown in the image.
- Fill a portion of the filling and seal the edges using the maida-water paste so that the filling does not spill out as shown in the image.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 6 more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few samosas, at a time on a slow flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with sweet chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.