Spicy Rice Samosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22382 times
Does rice always have to be in the main course? No, it is such a versatile ingredient it can be used to make anything from crunchy and savoury starters to sweet and luscious dessert.
Here is one such delectable starter, Spicy Rice Samosa, made of a plain flour dough packed with an Oriental flavoured rice filling. You will enjoy the crispy outer covering as much as you enjoy the soft and spicy filling.
You can also try other recipes with rice like Rice and Cheese Balls and Rice Kheer
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the schezuan sauce, rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Knead the dough well till smooth and elastic and divide it into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into 150 mm. X 75 mm. (6" x 3") diameter oval.
- Cut the oval horizontally into 2 equal portions using a knife.
- Take a portion and join the edges to make a cone.
- Stuff the cone with a portion of the filling and apply little water on the edges to seal it.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 7 more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the samosas, a few at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve the spicy rice samosa immediately.
Spicy Rice Samosa by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per samosa
|Vitamin A||82.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.