Paneer Balls with Barbeque Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 181 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49345 times
A barbeque is a perfect occasion to let your hair down and mingle with guests in the comfortable and natural ambience of a garden or outdoor picnic spot.
With a little bit of creativity, it is possible to create numerous barbeque treats for vegetarians too. Here is one such interesting combination of crisp paneer balls with a deliciously soft interior, dunked in pungent barbeque sauce.
Your guests are sure to fall in love with the paneer balls in barbeque sauce.
- Mash the paneer and knead very well.
- Soak the bread slices in curds for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball.
- Heat a deep kadhai and deep-fry a few balls at a time till they turn brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water.
- After 10 minutes, take out the skin and chop.
- Add the brown sugar, soya sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup and salt and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Serve the paneer balls with warm barbeque sauce.
- Note : The barbeque sauce also goes very well with tinned mushrooms.
Nutrient values per ball
|Vitamin A||107.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.3 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.