Palak Pakoda Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30945 times
The humble kadhi transforms into grand fare in this delectable Palak Pakoda Kadhi recipe, where deep-fried spinach pakodas are simmered in lip-smacking yoghurt kadhi.
This traditional delight is one that kids and adults will enjoy thoroughly. Take care to add the pakodas only moments before serving so they remain crisp and succulent, just the way they ought to be.
Teams up well with hot rice and rotis as well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few pakodas at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, green chilli paste, curds-besan mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Just before serving reheat the kadhi, add the palak pakodas to it, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.