by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 157 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21043 times
Orange Marmalade is an evergreen accompaniment for bread toast, much-loved by people all around the world.
With its refreshingly tangy taste and unique mouth-feel, it tops most people’s chart of favourite jams and preserves.
What gives the marmalade its characteristic texture is the addition of grated papaya and grated orange rind, which retain their stringy shape and texture even after cooking.
This recipe shows you how to make homemade marmalade using the microwave oven. It is quite easy and convenient, and you will love the tangy-sweet taste, so give it a try right away.
You can also try your hand at other microwave recipes like Microwave Walnut Barfi and Microwave Apple Kheer .
- Combine the citric acid and 1 tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the orange juice, orange rind, papaya and sugar in a microwave safe bowl and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 14 minutes stirring twice in between after every 7 minutes.
- Add the citric acid–water mixture, mix well and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrient values per tbsp
|Vitamin A||625.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.