Microwave Apple Kheer
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 131 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28291 times
Flavoured elegantly with cardamom and nutmeg powder, the Microwave Apple Kheer is a wonderful dessert that will be loved by all, especially children. The best part is that every step, from stewing the apples to thickening the milk, is easily done with the microwave oven. Just make sure that the milk you use is at room temperature, and not cold or hot.
- Combine the apples, sugar and 2 tbsp of water in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring once in between. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk and cornflour in a large microwave safe bowl, mix very well using a whisk and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once after 3 minutes.
- Add the apple-sugar mixture, mix well and a microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cups approx
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.