Nutritious Mini Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 508 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40628 times
Now is the time to wipe off the misconception that tasty pizzas are unhealthy, and healthy pizzas are never tasty! This recipe transforms the international favourite into a healthful snack by using whole wheat flour instead of maida to create the base, and replacing cheese with an innovative low-fat cream cheese. A chunky topping of broccoli and capsicum along with pizza sauce help retain the authentic flavour of pizzas while restricting the calories and fat content. These handily sized Nutritious Mini Pizzas will be a welcome addition to a party once in a while.
- Make criss cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
- Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a greased baking tray and spread ½ tbsp of the pizza sauce evenly over it.
- Arrange some capsicum cubes, a few broccoli florets and finally top it with 1 tsp of low-fat cream cheese evenly over each pizza.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or till the base is evenly browned.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per mini pizza
|Energy|| 113 kcal|
|Protein|| 5.3 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 19.9 gm|
|Fat|| 1.4 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.0 gm|
|Iron|| 1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C|| 14.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.