Noughts and Crosses Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 409 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19574 times
The best way to bring up independent kids is to catch them early. Pique their interest in cooking through interesting recipes like this, and watch them enjoy their time in the kitchen.
This love of cooking will grow with the years. The Noughts and Crosses Pizza is a fun way to make kids help in the kitchen. A sauce-lined base with crisscrossing cheese lines makes the playing board while crosses of capsicum and noughts of tomatoes and onions make the players’ coins.
Now you and your kids can play a mind-boggling game while preparing the pizza for baking!
You can change the toppings as you like, but remember to season it well before baking, so that the aroma fills the house and brings everyone to the table to taste the food lovingly cooked by the kids!
Go for more recipes like Pizza with Mushrooms, Garlic and Walnuts or Pizza Twists
- Place the cheese slices on a clean, dry surface and cut each slices into 10 horizontal strips. Keep aside.
- Place both the pizza bases on a baking tray and put 1½ tbsp of pizza sauce on each pizza base and spread it evenly.
- Arrange 10 cheese strips to form a criss cross pattern on each pizza.
- Place 3 tomato slices and 3 onion slices in the cheese squares at random on each pizza. Place 2 sliced capsicums in each empty square making a cross.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of chilli flakes and ¼ tsp of dried oregano on each pizza base evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes or till the pizza turns crisp.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pizza
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.