Pizza with Mushrooms, Garlic and Walnuts
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13266 times
When wandering the streets of Rome, it is hard to miss the displays of big, succulent slabs of pizzas in the windows of pizzerias.
Individual servings are cut off as ordered. Businessmen, school children and tourists alike all queue up throughout the day for the most inviting of snacks - the pizza.
Toppings are deceptively simple using a few ingredients. This recipe is of a delectable pizza topped with mushrooms, garlic and walnuts, flavoured with lots of fresh and dried herbs!
You can also try other interesting pizzas like Bellpepper, Zucchini and Pesto Pizza and Four Cheese Pizza .
- Combine the cheese, mixed herbs and chilli flakes in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place the pizza bases on a clean, dry surface, put half the pizza sauce on each pizza base and spread it evenly.
- Arrange half the mushrooms, 1 tsp of garlic, 1½ tbsp of walnuts and 1 tbsp of basil leaves and sprinkle some salt over each pizza base.
- Finally sprinkle half the cheese mixture on each pizza base.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes or until the base is evenly browned.
- Cut into equal slices and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.