Mixed Vegetable Pie
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25676 times
For many, the very mention of the word pie brings to mind a deliciously sweet dessert! But, pies mean more than that. The pie crusts can be filled with not just sweet somethings but also savoury stuff as in the case of this unforgettable Mixed Vegetable Pie.
Filled with loads of veggies, rice and macaroni, held together with creamy white sauce, and flavoured with peppy ingredients like chilli sauce and tomato ketchup, this pie is a really exciting mouthful! Chunks of pineapple add to the fun, by giving the pie occasional bursts of tangy juiciness!
One thing you need to ensure is that this pie must be served immediately on preparation – only then you can enjoy its real flavour and texture.
This pie needs just a bowl of simple soup like Tomato Soup or Cream Of Carrot Soup to add up to a filling meal.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the macaroni, pineapple and rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce, chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture into the shortcrust pastry and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||315.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||6 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.