Mixed Sprout Vegetable
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8958 times
Looking for a vegetable preparation that is sumptuous yet easy to make? Look no further.
The Mixed Sprout Vegetable is a stew-like preparation of cauliflower and sprouts cooked with crunchy onions, tangy tomatoes and a spicy paste of garlic, red chillies and other ingredients.
It is super tasty and sure to go well with any main course. And the best part is that it is made with common, everyday ingredients, so you don’t have to go on a wild goose hunt.
It’s also a great way to include sprouts in your meal. You can also try other sprout-based dishes like the Mixed Sprouts Rice and the Mixed Sprouts Pancakes .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed sprouts, cauliflower,2 cups of water, mix well cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 15 to 17 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||140 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||15 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.