Mini Spinach and Cheese Samosa
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 67% LIKED IT
2 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9922 times
A yummy cheesy samosa that appeals to both desi and exotic food lovers. Although it tastes super special, this samosa is also quite easy to prepare and requires minimal ingredients.
What makes it special is the mouth-feel given by molten cheese. However, you should make sure you seal the samosas perfectly, otherwise they will open up while frying and the cheese will ooze out. Also, take care to squeeze all the excess water out of the blanched spinach—otherwise the filling will be very watery.
The Mini Spinach and Cheese Samosas are simply wow and will be finished within minutes of serving!
Try other samosas like Mini Onion Samosa or Veg Samosa Pinwheels .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Knead the dough well till smooth and elastic and divide the dough into 26 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle.
- Cut the circle horizontally into 2 equal portions using a sharp knife.
- Take a portion and join the edges to make a cone and seal it with little water.
- Stuff the cone with 1 tsp of the prepared spinach and cheese filling and apply little water on the edges to seal it.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 25 more mini samosas.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few samosas on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per mini samosa
|Vitamin A||762.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.