Methi ki Missi Roti, Punjabi Methi Missi Roti
by Tarla Dalal
मेथी की मिस्सी रोटी
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Methi ki Missi Roti, Punjabi Methi Missi Roti in Hindi)
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58651 times
This special preparation is one of those things that can be eaten with a dry subzi or wet subzi or even by itself! Because of the combination of 3 different kinds of flour, it has a unique taste that is further enhanced by the addition of ajwain and methi.
Onion provides that inimitable crunch and slight sweetness that lends to a perfect balance in the flavour of the roti. This is something even your kids will like as an after school snack . So go ahead, enjoy your Methi Missi ki Roti!
- Combine all the ingredients into a deep bowl and knead into soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal portions and roll out each portion into a thin circle of about 125 mm. (5") diameter with the help of a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti using a little ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with butter.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.