Mawa Kachori, Khoya Kachori, Mawa Sweet Samosa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 227 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46082 times
Jodhpur is famous for its Mawa Kachoris. Rich dry fruit and mawa (khoya) stuffed crisp deep- fried kachoris are coated in sugar syrup.
These kachoris are a welcome treat at any time of the day. These sweet kachoris are often called "gujjias" and are a "must have" for the Holi festival.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the filling into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle without using any flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the filling in the centre (as shown in image 1).
- Fold it over to make a semi-circle (as shown in image 2).
- Seal the ends completely using a little water (as shown in the image 3).
- Twist the edges of the kachori (as shown in the image 4).
- Repeat for the remaining dough circles and filling to make 11 more kachoris.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few kachoris at a time on a slow flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside to cool.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the saffron and mix well. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, dip the kachoris, a few at a time, in the sugar syrup and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per kachori
|Vitamin A||77.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.