Mango Rabdi Gateau
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 737 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32376 times
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb together.
- Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, essence and 75 ml. Of water and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and dusted 150 mm. (6") diameter tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degreef) for 10 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 150 degree c (300 degree f) and a bake for a further 15 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch. When ready, remove from the oven and leave for 1 minute. Invert the tin over a rack and a tap sharply to remove.
- Cool the cake.
- Simmer the milk in a broad non-stick pan till it reduces to one third.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder. Cool the rabdi and keep aside.
- Whisk the cream till soft peaks form.
- Add the rabdi and the mango puree and mix well.
- Chill and keep aside.
- Chill the fresh cream.
- Add the sugar and vanilla essence and whisk till soft peaks form.
- Keep refrigerated till required.
- Slice the sponge cake horizontally into two.
- Soak the lower layer of the sponge cake with the soaking syrup.
- Spread a generous layer of the mango rabdi filling and top with some mango pieces.
- Place the other layer of the sponge cake on top and soak with the soaking syrup.
- Top with the whipped cream and decorate with the remaining mango pieces.
- Chill and serve.
- You can buy ready-made rabdi if your are in a hurry.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.