self rising flour
Last Updated : Jul 06,2022
Viewed 108687 times
Also known as
Self raising flour
What is self rising flour, self raising flour?
Self-rising flour is all-purpose flour that has baking soda and baking powder added to it. This perfect blend of flour eliminates the need of adding baking powder and makes it easier to prepare delicious doughnuts, cakes and pastries. Since the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the flour, you will get the same nice lift to your baked goods every time you use it.
If you want to make your own self-raising flour, add 1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 grams) baking powder and ½ teaspoon (3.5 grams) salt per cup (140 grams) of maida.
How to select self rising flour, self raising flour
• It is readily available in the market.
• Check on the percentage of baking powder added to ensure it is right for your recipe.
• Also confirm the freshness by verifying the manufacturing date and use-by date.
Culinary Uses of self rising flour, self raising flour
• It is usually used to bake cake, breads etc.
• Can also be used to make a variety of rotis and naans.
How to store self rising flour, self raising flour
• Flour should be stored in a dry, airtight container.
• If the flour is stored too long the baking powder will lose some of its strength and your baked goods will not rise properly, so do not overstock.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.