Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16497 times
The traditional tea - time cakes, with the delicious flavour of desiccated coconut.
- Sieve the flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar very well until light and creamy.
- Best the eggs well.
- Add a little of the egg mixture to the butter and beat well. Gradually go on adding eggs, beating all the time. If the mixture curdles, and a little flour, mix well and continue adding the egg mixture.
- Add the sieved flour and enough milk until it reaches a dropping consistency.
- Add the essence.
- Grease and dust 12 castle moulds. Fill upto three - quarters with the cake mixture.
- Bake the moulds in a hot oven at 400 f. For 20 minutes.
- Cool the cakes.
- Trim the bottoms of the cakes so that they stand firm and are of even height.
- Warm the jam and brush the cakes with the melted jam.
- Roll the cakes in desiccated coconut.
- Dip the cherries in jam, and put on top of the cakes.
- Shape angelica into leaves and stick them in the same manner as for cherries.
- Put the cakes in paper cups and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.