by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32375 times
An impressive cake with layers of refreshing orange filling, covered with rich chocolate.
- Divide the cake into three equal parts.
- Make the syrup by mixing the orange juice and sugar and 1/2 teacup of water.
- Sprinkle this syrup over each of the three parts and allow to soak.
- Mix the orange juice, sugar, cornflour and butter in a vessel. Cook the mixture, stirring all the time until thick.
- Cool the mixture.
- Add the lemon juice, cream, colour, essence and rind. Taste and add the sugar of required.
- Sandwich the cake pieces using generous quantities of the filling.
- Grate the chocolate or cut into pieces. Add 1/2 teaspoon of water and melt in a double boiler.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cake and spread with a knife.
- Cook the orange rind in a little water for about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Apply the powdered sugar to the rind. Sprinkle this rind over the chocolate layer.
- Decorate with orange segments and fresh cream and chill.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.