Mangalore Banana Puri, Mangalore Buns, Kele ki Puri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8127 times
A traditional tea-time treat from Mangalore, the Banana Puri is a delightful dish that you must try at least once.
The mild fruity sweetness of the Mangalore Banana Puri is just awesome and tastes great with a cup of piping hot tea or coffee. It is generally not served with any other accompaniments because its pleasant sweetness makes it a standalone tea-time snack.
It is very important to serve these whole wheat flour and banana puris immediately after preparation because they taste best when they are hot and crisp.
You can also try other puris like the Masala Puris or Urad Dal Puris .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough without using any water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divde the dough into 20 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle without using any flour for rolling.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few puris at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per puri
|Vitamin A||57.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.