Low- Fat Cream Cheese
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12858 times
This one is dedicated to all cheese lovers. Here’s the low-fat version of cream cheese made from 99.7% fat-free milk. It can be relished without the mildest pang of guilt by people with high cholesterol levels! Use this cream cheese to make delectable dips to serve at parties as used in the recipe of Creamy Sun-dried Tomato and Herb Dip and even to replace cheese as a topping in Nutritious Mini Pizza.
4 1/2 cups low-fat milk , 99.7% fat free1 1/2 cups low-fat curds (dahi) , beaten
- Put the milk to boil in a deep non-stick pan, while stirring occasionally.
- When it starts boiling, switch off the flame and wait for 1 minute.
- Add the curds, while stirring gently. Wait for 2 minutes and allow it to curdle.
- Once the milk has curdled, strain using a muslin cloth. Do not throw away the whey.
- Combine the paneer with ½ cup of whey in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.