Low- Calorie Vegetable Au Gratin
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 190 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62739 times
low calorie vegetable Au gratin | healthy Au gratin recipe | low cal veg Au gratin |
healthy Au gratin recipe | low calorie vegetable Au gratin | low cal veg Au gratin is a low cal version of famous Au Gratin. Learn how to make healthier Au gratin.
With a little know-how, anything can be made low calorie! If you never even imagined earlier that white sauce could be made low cal, and without maida, you must try this low calorie vegetable Au gratin as soon as possible to believe that it is indeed possible!
To make the white sauce of healthy Au gratin, you need to make a white sauce with cauliflower or bottle gourd. In very little low fat butter, wheat flour is sautéed. To this milk, cauliflower puree, salt and pepper powder are added. Then to make low cal veg Au gratin, again heat little low fat butter, saute onions, green chillies add mixed veggies one by one. Add the prepared low cal white sauce, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Finally pour it into a baking dish, sprinkle only 2 tbsp of cheese over it and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts. Serve hot.
Healthy Au gratin is a simple dish of baked vegetables in low cal white sauce, topped with very little cheese. An innovative and filling dish as classy as the name stands. Use a variety of veggies, make your own combinations and surprise your guests and family.
A serving of low calorie vegetable Au gratin lends approx. 124 calories and 14 g of carb. ½ serving an be enjoyed by diabetics and those having cardiac problems.
Enjoy healthy Au gratin recipe | low calorie vegetable Au gratin | low cal veg Au gratin in smaller portions and not very frequently…. after all, it is an exotic recipe and definitely not everyday food!
- Combine the cauliflower and 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cauliflower turns soft.
- Blend it in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the whole wheat flour and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously with the help of a whisk till no lumps remain.
- Add the cauliflower purée, mix well and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and pepper powder, mix well and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- To make low- calorie vegetable au gratin, heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the mixed vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the low calorie white sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer into a greased baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve the low- calorie vegetable au gratin hot.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Low Calorie Vegetable Augratin Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.