Lemon Pudding Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3354 times
The Lemon Pudding Cake is a fabulous dessert with a refreshingly tangy flavour. It is also quite easy to make, and uses just minimal ingredients. Using lemon juice rather than essence gives this dessert a natural, tongue-tickling flavour, which is very appealing. It has a super soft texture, and tastes best when it is hot. Serve the Lemon Pudding Cake with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream for a really magical experience.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites. Keep aside.
- Beat the egg yolks lightly in a deep bowl using a spatula.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Add the sugar and mix well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Add the plain flour gradually and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Beat the egg whites in a deep bowl using an electric beater on a slow speed, till it is thick and fluffy.
- Add this mixture gradually to the beaten egg yolk plain flour mixture and fold it gently using a spatula.
- Add the vanilla essence and fold it gently using a spatula.
- Transfer this mixture into a greased baking glass dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice-cream or cold with whipped cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.