Lemon Curd Tarts with Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15807 times
This awesome dessert features dainty tarts topped with a tangy, melt-in-the-mouth filling of lemon and curds. Both lemon juice and rind are used to give the filling a sharp lemony taste and nice mouth-feel.
A good dose of butter, whipped cream and eggs are used to give the filling a soft and fluffy consistency that you will surely fall in love with.
A garnish of lemon rind adds to the citrusy mood of the Lemon Curd Tart. You can chill the lemon curd filling and load it into the tarts just before serving to get a cool and refreshing dessert.
You can also try other tart recipes like Peach and Lemon Tart or Spinach Tarts .
- Break the eggs in a deep bowl, and whisk it lightly using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat enough water in a deep non-stick pan, place a steel bowl over it, add the lemon juice, grated rind, butter and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the beaten egg mixture gradually while mixing it continuously using a wooden spoon.
- Cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes or till it is thick and coats the back of a spoon, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool completely.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the whipped cream and mix well.
- Arrange 5 tarts on a clean dry surface and put 1 tbsp of the prepared lemon- whipped cream mixture in each tart.
- Repeat step 7 to fill 5 more tarts.
- Serve immediately garnished with lemon rind.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tart
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.