Layered Vegetable Chapatis
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 392 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20470 times
This is neither a stuffed paratha nor a conventional baked dish. It is something totally off-beat but absolutely mind-blowing. Traditional chapatis are dipped in a mixture of plain flour and milk, layered with a succulent mixture of mixed veggies and cashewnuts, flavoured perkily with ingredients like tomatoes, onions, green chillies and coriander.
This arrangement is then baked in an oven to get innovative and awesome Layered Vegetable Chapatis. Serve it immediately, cut into wedges so folks can see the tasty stuff inside!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) dimeter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and lightly cook the chapatis. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while mashing it gently. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Dip the chapatti in the plain flour-milk mixture and place it on the baking dish. Put a portion of the stuffing over it and spread it evenly.
- Repeat step 3 to make 4 more layers.
- Finally dip the final chapati in the plain flour-milk mixture and place it on top.
- Brush melted butter evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400 ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||176.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||17.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.