Layered Oats and Rice Porridge
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8575 times
When did porridge become a dessert – you always thought it was a breakfast, right? Well, when creamy porridge is set atop crushed biscuits, and topped with crunchy muesli and delightful chocolate sauce, the Layered Oats and Rice Porridge straight away qualifies as a brilliant dessert. Mixing oats and rice gives the porridge a rich yet soothing consistency that warms the heart.
- Combine the oats, milk, sugar and 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of crushed biscuits in a serving bowl and pour a portion of the porridge over it.
- Finally sprinkle 2 tbsp of muesli and 1 tbsp of chocolate sauce evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 3 more servings.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.