Banana Apple Porridge ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73540 times
This easy-to-make, simple porridge prepared from broken wheat, oats and fruits is rich in fibre and b complex vitamins – ideal to keep the metabolism going and lose pregnancy weight. I’ve used low-fat butter and milk to keep the calories down.
- Clean, wash and drain the broken wheat.
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the broken wheat and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the oats, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook on a medium flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the jaggery and cinnamon powder and mix well. Refrigerate to chill.
- Add the apples and bananas and mix well. Serve immediately garnished with apple slices, banana slices and cinnamon sticks.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.