Added to 464 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 132128 times
kopra pak recipe | Gujarati topra pak | nariyal ki barfi | coconut barfi |
kopra pak with fresh coconut is a famous Gujarati sweet which is really pleasing to the taste buds. Learn how to makekopra pak with fresh coconut .
Full-fat milk and coconut cooked together give this nariyal ki barfi an intense flavour and amazing, coarse texture, while cardamom casts a pleasant spell on our palate!
To make kopra pak, heat the ghee in a deep pan, sauté cardamom seeds on a medium flame for a few seconds. Add the coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes. Add the milk and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 45 minutes. Transfer the mixture into a greased thali and spread it evenly using a flat ladle. Garnish with pistachios and cool for 1 hour. Cut into square pieces and serve.
With its rich flavour and irresistible texture, this traditional Gujarati topra pak tends to be a bit addictive because our taste buds are sure to yearn for more of the magical experience.
An all-time favourite with people of all ages, the kopra pak can be stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Tips and notes for making perfect kopra pak. 1. Use freshly grated coconut only. Stale coconut might lend an off taste to this mithai. 2. Remember to scrape the sides of the pan occasionally, else the mixture will stick on the sides and burn. 3. Cool completely before cutting into pieces, else it will break. 4. Cut Gujarati topra paak into square pieces using a sharp knife or pizza cutter. If the Thengai Burfi is soft and you are not able to cut into pieces, it means we have to cook the coconut burfi for some more time. Simply reheat the burfi mixture and keep cooking on low flame till all the moisture is evaporated and then pour the kopra pak again in a greased thali. If the topra pak starts to crumble, it means we have overcooked the mixture. Do not panic, just reheat the coconut mixture along with 2 tablespoons of milk or water.
Enjoy kopra pak recipe | Gujarati topra pak | nariyal ki barfi | coconut barfi.
- To make kopra pak, heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cardamom seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the milk and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 45 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased thali of 175 mm. (7”) diameter and 25 mm. (1”) in height and spread it evenly using a flat ladle.
- Garnish with pistachios, press it lightly using the flat ladle and keep aside to cool completely for 1 hour.
- Cut the kopra pak into square pieces and serve or store in an air-tight container.
- kopra pak stays fresh for 4 to 5 days at room temperature in an air-tight container. To store for more days, refrigerated and store in an air-tight container.
Kopra Pak Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.