Kala Chana Ambti, Red Chana Ambti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16634 times
Here is a tongue-tickling curry of sprouted kala chana, cooked with whole spices, ginger-green chilli paste and jaggery.
Medium-spicy with a mild sweetness, the Kala Chana Ambti has a very homely flavour, which literally makes you lick your fingers with delight after you’re done.
Had with a bowl of hot Cooked Rice or Chapatis it gives you the satisfaction of having had a wholesome and tasty meal.
- Combine the sprouted kala chana and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the clove, cinnamon, mustard seeds and cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked kala chana along with the water, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, jaggery and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||45 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.