by Tarla Dalal
Added to 191 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40933 times
Easy and quick sweet dosa made with a combination of flours and jaggery, perked up with grated coconut and spiced up with cardamom!
This dosa is only mildly sweet, so can be served as a teatime snack, but if you wish, you could make a nice sweet and savoury dosa platter by serving this with regular dosa, masala dosa or uttapa.
One good thing about the Jaggery Dosa is that it does not require any fermentation, so you can make it quickly anytime you need – say, when your kids come back home hungry. However, remember that it must be had immediately before it hardens.
This dosa can also be served as a Breakfast or Evening Tea Snacks
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, add 2 cups of warm water and mix well using a whisk to form a batter of the pouring consistency. Cover with a lid, keep aside for 10 minutes and mix very well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little ghee.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it evenly in a circular motion to make 200 mm. (8”) diameter round circle.
- Smear a little ghee over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns brown in colour from both the sides.
- Fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 11 more dosas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per dosa
|Vitamin A||25.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.