by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 313 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57144 times
Sizzlers are fun, no doubt, but is it possible to indulge in that fun without the scare of excessive calories? This innovative Indian Sizzler shows you how! Tava-cooked cutlets made of nutritious, fibre-rich chawli, teamed with protein-rich sprouted moong in tangy tomato gravy, and a basketful of boiled veggies of your choice, this sizzler is not only considerate on the calorie-count, but also rich in iron, folic acid and other essential nutrients. Shake off the guilt occassionally and enjoy this sizzler as a one dish meal piping hot, with an excellent company!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter round, flat cutlets.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Cook each cutlet, using ¼ tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sprouted moong, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and 1 cup of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and keep aside
- Heat a sizzler plate over an open flame till it is red hot.
- Pour ¼ cup of the tomato gravy evenly all over the plate.
- Place a portion of the moong mixture on one side of the plate.
- Place ½ of the vegetable mixture on the other side of the plate.
- Place 4 cutlets in the centre of the plate and finally pour the remaining ¼ cup of the tomato gravy evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 1 more sizzler.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 180 kcal|
|Protein|| 8.7 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 26.3 gm|
|Fat|| 4.9 gm|
|Fibre|| 7.7 gm|
|Iron|| 3.4 mg|
|Folic acid|| 72.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.