How To Freeze Parathas, How To Store Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70671 times
frozen paratha recipe | how to freeze whole wheat parathas | how to store frozen parathas | frozen indian bread | with amazing images.
We show you how to freeze parathas in an easy and simple way. What’s better is that these are whole wheat frozen parathas with no maida.
Yummy and sumptuous whole wheat parathas are absolutely irresistible, but seem like a luxury to somebody who is busy because they do not get the time to prepare it any time they want.
One way out is to make the parathas whenever you find time and freeze them. If done right, the frozen whole wheat parathas stay good for at least one month.
You can take out the required number of frozen parathas and thaw them whenever you want. This recipe explains how to freeze parathas. For them to stay fresh for longer, cool the parathas completely before packing and freezing them.
Do not place too much stuff in the freezer as that can reduce the efficiency and lead to some spoilage. We wish you happier meal times with these delectable frozen whole wheat parathas!
Aside from frozen paratha recipe check out our frozen aloo paratha recipe.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling, brush with ¼ tsp of oil, fold into half to form a semi- circle.
- Brush the semi-circle with oil and fold again to form a triangle.
- Roll out again into a 125 mm. (5") length triangular paratha using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and half cook the paratha for 15 seconds on each side, without any oil.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 11 more parathas.
- Place each half cooked paratha separately and let it cool completely.
- Stack them by keeping a butter paper in between and store them in freezer bags. Label them with name and date.
- Once you wish to consume them, remove the butter paper from the parathas.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), cook it on a medium flame using 1 tsp of ghee till it turns golden bornw in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot.
How To Freeze Parathas, How To Store Parathas recipe with step by step photos
I want to send plain parathas to the US? This is a common question asked by those who travel international and want to carry parathas. Freeze your parathas by following our suggested method. They will be hard. Then ship to the US by air and they should be refrozen when it gets there. Enjoy your homemade parathas anywhere in the world.
My frozen parathas turned out hard. What did i do wrong? To make sure the frozen paratha is soft, the dough has to be well kneaded. When you make the paratha, it should not be turned frequently and pressure should not be applied or else the paratha will become hard.
How do i put my frozen parathas in the freezer? Stack the frozen parathas by keeping a butter paper in between each paratha and store them in freezer bags. Label the freezer bags with name and date. The date is important, as we would want to store the frozen parathas upto one month.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.