Homemade Fresh Fig Jam, Step By Step
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 356 times
Fresh fig is a tasty and economically priced fruit that is available in plenty in India when the fruit is in season. It is so tempting that we often end up coming home with a rather large batch.
However, the fruit is perishable so we also have to think of many nice ways in which to consume it! This Homemade Fresh Fig Jam is perhaps one of the best options. Made with jaggery and lemon juice, this Fresh Fig Jam is very healthy and irresistibly tasty.
So aromatic and flavourful is it that you will end up having a few slices more of bread. You can also have it with chapathis and dosas! Store it in an airtight jar in the fridge, where it’ll stay good for a week.
You can also make and relish other jams at homemade like Veg Puff or Apple Jam .
- Combine the figs and ¾ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 12 minutes, or till the mixture has become soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the jaggery, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while mashing it continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Cool completely and serve with toasted bread or store it refrigerated.
- This jam stays fresh for 1 week if refrigerated and stored in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.