Green Peas Kheer, Matar ki Kheer
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6162 times
An unusual recipe that is sure to steal your hearts, the Green Peas Kheer has a pleasant colour, soothing texture and unique flavour.
A generous dose of milk gives the Matar ki Kheer a rich flavour, while coarsely crushed peas gives it an interesting mouth-feel that you will relish in every spoonful. You need to make sure that the green peas are boiled really well, so that there is no raw smell. Lace the kheer with a sprinkling of cardamom powder, and you are all set to pamper your sweet tooth.
Whether it is a special festive Occasion or a Party ,the dessert counter would be incomplete without this unusual Green Peas Kheer.
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve warm.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.