Green Peas Dhokla, Microwave Dhokla Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 375 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45549 times
Ever wondered if it is possible to make succulent and satiating dhoklas within minutes? Your dream comes true, with this Green Peas Dhokla. A quick batter of crushed green peas and besan pepped up with lemon juice and ginger-green chilli paste is cooked into dhoklas within three minutes, in the microwave oven.
A traditional tempering and garnish enhance the flavour and aroma of the Microwave Green Peas Dhokla, enabling you to place an irresistible treat on the table within minutes, as if it were magic.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, except the fruit salt along with approx. ¼ cup of water and mix very well using your hands.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water and mix gently.
- Pour into a 150 mm. (6") diameter greased microwave safe dish with a lid and microwave on high for 3 minutes covered. Remove and let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Combine the oil and the mustard seeds in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and asafoetida and microwave on high for 1 more minute.
- Pour the tempering over the dhoklas and cut into square pieces.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander and grated coconut and serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||139.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||62.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.