Green Pea Pankis
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 132 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29345 times
Panki is a popular Gujarati snack made of a rice flour batter that is cooked between 2 banana leaves. Green peas added to the panki batter make it look more appealing and enhance its fibre value. Serve these steamed hot pankis with the spicy Mint and Coriander Chutney.
- In a bowl, combine the rice flour, urad dal flour, curds, green chillies, green peas, coriander, cumin seeds and salt and approx. ½ cup of water. Mix well to make a thin batter.
- Cut the banana leaves into circles using a 75 mm. (3") diameter cookie cutter.
- Apply a little oil on each banana leaf.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and arrange half of the banana leaf circles on the tava.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of the batter on each leaf and sandwich with another greased banana leaf on top.
- Cook the panki on both sides till light brown spots appear on the banana leaves and the pancake in between peels off the banana leaf easily.
- Serve hot, with Mint and Coriander Chutney.
- If you do not have a cookie cutter for cutting the banana leaves into circles, cut them in squares and proceed as per the recipe.
- Variation :
- You can use grated paneer, cabbage, carrots instead of green peas for the above recipe.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.