French Beans with Garlic
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 158 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48516 times
Simple but fantastic – that describes the French Beans with Garlic best of all. It shows that it is possible to create a true tongue tickler with minimal ingredients and an extremely simple procedure.
Just juicy French beans and pungent garlic held together with cornflour and perked up with soy sauce, this Chinese dish has an intense flavour and crunchy texture that is really out of this world.
- Combine the cornflour and 3 tbsp of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a broad non-stick pan on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic and sauté on a high flame for 30 seconds or till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the french beans and sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, soya sauce and salt, toss well and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a high flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||226.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||28.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||72.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.