Fig Ice Cream, Anjeer Ice Cream Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 303 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45334 times
Amazingly luscious ice-cream with the rich flavour of dried figs is just a few steps away. With easily available ingredients, you can now make your family go, “Wow,” with this easy and quick recipe.
Since we use condensed milk and milk powder, you do not have to spend hours next to the stove cooking the milk to make this delicious Fig Ice-Cream. When something so tasty comes with minimal effort, why would one not try it right away...
While planning a dessert menu for parties, do select Fig Ice Cream, it will tickle both traditional and adventurous palates.
- Combine the dried figs and 1½ cups of milk in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 11 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool the mixture completely and blend the mixture till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the remaining 1½ cups of milk, condensed milk and milk powder and whisk well till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.