Double Beans Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 77922 times
Double beans are very commonly used in gujarati cuisine, as the sole star of a recipe or to support other vegetables. However, there is a twist in this version of double beans curry as i have enriched it with a spicy punjabi style masala instead of the down-to-earth spices used by gujaratis.
- Burn the onions (with the skin on) on an open flame until black.
- Cool slightly, remove the outer skin of the onions.
- Combine the onions with all the remaining ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using a little water. Keep aside.
- Drain the soaked rangoon na vaal, add 1½ cups of water and salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes and ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the tomatoes turn soft. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp and strain using a strainer. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked rangoon na vaal, prepared tomato pulp and salt and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.