Curd Rice for Babies and Toddlers
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 139 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 87260 times
Curd Rice for Babies and Toddlers | Curd Rice for Babies | Curd Rice for Kids | Toddler Curd Rice Recipe | with 16 amazing images.
This mildly-flavoured combination of rice with coriander and curds in the form of Curd Rice for Babies and Toddlers introduces your child to more ingredients and flavours.
The rice in the Curd Rice for Infants and Toddlers is cooked till mushy, to make it baby-friendly. For very young children, you can blend it coarsely in the mixer to make it smoother, but once your child is 1 year and above, you should stop blending it, so that the child gets used to chewing.
Curds made from cow’s milk is suggested in by most pediatricians as it is more easily digestible by kids. However it is best to consult your pediatrician, for the use of curd made from cow’s milk or buffalo’s milk.
Also salt has not been added in this recipe of Curd Rice for Kids. If your baby is below 1 year, try and avoid adding salt and if you have a toddler, add only small quantity of salt. Again consult your pediatrician for usage of salt too.
Your child will surely enjoy having this Curd Rice for Babies and Toddlers for lunch on a hot summer’s day.
Aside from Curd Rice check out our collection of recipes for Babies and Toddlers .
Enjoy how to make Curd Rice for Babies and Toddlers recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make curd rice for babies and toddlers, heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and rice and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add approx. 1 cup of water and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the rice is overdone, all the water has been evaporated and it can be easily mashed, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool the rice slghtly, add the curds and coriander and coarsely blend it in a mixer.
- Serve the curd rice for babies and toddlersimmediately.
- After 10 months of age, the blending of recipe at step 4 can be avoided completely.
Coriander Curd Rice (Baby and Toddler) Video by Tarla Dalal
Curd Rice for Babies and Toddlers recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per 1/2 cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.